AUT 214 – ISO 26262 Road Vehicles Functional Safety – Guideline on application of ISO 26262 to semiconductors
Electronic systems carry out many functions in modern automobiles, including driver assistance functions, vehicle dynamics control, and active/passive safety systems. The complexity of electronically-driven operations, especially safety functions, makes predicting safety performance extremely difficult. More action will be required, furthermore, to reduce the risks of systematic and random hardware failures as system complexity continues to increase.
ISO 26262 is a functional safety standard intended to be applied to the development of software for electrical and/or electronic (E/E) systems in automobiles. ISO 26262 is an adaptation of the broader IEC 61508 safety standard, which has been used to derive safety standards for the nuclear power, machinery, railway, and other industries. It is aimed at reducing risks associated with software for safety functions to a tolerable level by providing feasible requirements and processes.
This course offers students an understanding of industry recommended best practices and guidelines on the application of ISO 26262 to semiconductors.
FSP exam offered at the end of the training.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before signing up for our courses.
- Section 1: Overview of Functional Safety and ISO 26262
- Section 2: ISO 26262 Functional Safety Management and Supporting Processes (part 2 and 8)
- Section 3: ISO 26262 Concept Phase
- Section 4: ISO 26262 System Development with Analyses (part 4 and 9)
- Section 5: ISO 26262 Hardware Development with Analyses (part 5 and 9)
- Section 6: ISO 26262 Production and Operation (part 7)
- Course Review
What Participants will get
- Course Manual with class exercises and solutions
- Resources such as whitepapers
- Certificate of Completion
- exida Functional Safety Practitioner (FSP) certificate (upon passing)
Exclusive rates available for early bird and group signups! Contact us for more details!
The FSP Exam (Automotive/Semiconductors Specialty):
The exida Functional Safety Practitioner (FSP) program is a certificate program that provides confirmation that an attendee shows competency by retaining the knowledge presented in this course. The FSP program also provides an analysis of where the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses lie, helping participants judge their competency level if interested in obtaining a certification like the CFSE or CFSP. The exam will be given at the conclusion of the training course. The candidate must achieve a minimum of 80% on the exam in order to receive their FSP certificate.