A recent global security survey showed that 54% of industrial control systems have experienced a cyberattack within the last two years. Cybersecurity has quickly become a major priority for automation systems of all types and sizes, especially for Safety Instrumented Systems.
This course will provide students with a lifecycle approach to cybersecurity that will allow them to accurately assess their current cybersecurity risk profile, take steps to reduce cybersecurity risk through network segmentation, system hardening, and improved cybersecurity awareness, as well as understand the importance of monitoring cybersecurity during operations and maintenance.
What You Will Learn by Attending
- How a lifecycle approach improves cybersecurity readiness
- How to conduct cybersecurity risk assessments
- Actionable steps to “harden” your automation system today
- How to perform Security Level Verification
- How to implement a cybersecurity management program for continuously improving security
- How to monitor cybersecurity during the operations and maintenance phase
- How to align cybersecurity with existing automation lifecycles
Who Should Attend
- Control Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- IT/OT Personnel
- Maintenance / Instrumentation Technician
- Analytical Engineers
- Engineering/Operations Management
- Corporate Risk Managers
- Process Safety Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Other: IT Personnel, Risk Managers
The CSP Exam (Automation Cybersecurity Specialty):
The exida Cybersecurity Practitioner (CSP) program is a certificate program that provides confirmation that an attendee shows competency by retaining the knowledge presented in this course. The CSP program also provides an analysis of where the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses lie, helping participants judge their competency level if interested in obtaining a certification like the CACE or CACS. The exam will be given at the conclusion of the training course. The candidate must achieve a minimum of 80% on the exam in order to receive their CSP certificate.
Course Length: 2 days