What we’re good at
Leading global companies rely on exida for functional safety, alarm management and cybersecurity expertise. Founded in 2000, exida has proudly become a trusted partner, known for its cutting-edge technology, extensive cross-industry expertise and functional safety knowledge.
To support the exida Asia Pacific team, we are looking for a FUNCTIONAL SAFETY CONSULTANT to:
- Audit and assess the OEM design processes per functional safety standards and industry practice
- Evaluate new product designs for reliability and failure mode probabilities
- Create quantitative failure rate models for various devices including useful life
- Perform Hardware FMEA and Dependent Failure Analysis
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Diagnostic Analysis
- Develop detailed safety cases for products to show compliance with functional safety standards
- Interpret standards requirements and document procedures for assessment
- Conduct Trainings in good development processes and functional safety requirements
- Support business development efforts and communicate with clients
- Represent and promote exida at industry meetings, conferences and/or participating in industry committees
- Write Articles and Blogs for exida Asia Pacific
The selected candidate will be trained as required on exida’s products and work processes. Work location will be based in Singapore with travelling expected.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product design in software or hardware
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Knowledge of product design and production processes
- Knowledge of product failure modes and mitigation techniques
- Knowledge and experience following a software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standards, e.g., IEC 61508, ISO 26262, EN 50126/8/9, ISO 13849, would be an advantage
- Ability to explain and teach technical concepts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CFSE/CFSP/CACE/CACS certification would be an advantage
- Able to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Working knowledge in Automotive/Semiconductor/AI/Robotics would be an advantage
Any candidates meeting the above requirements are invited to apply with detailed resume using the contact form or email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates should hear from us within 2 to 4 weeks from date of application. Due to the high volume of applications received, we seek your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.