FSE 144 – IEC 61511 – Operations & Maintenance
In this course, the student develops an understanding of the requirements for operations and maintenance in IEC 61511. You will also understand the importance in the functional safety lifecycle and how good and bad maintenance impacts the performance of the SIS and its SIFs.
FSP exam offered at the end of the training.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before signing up for our courses.
- Develop basic back end safety lifecycle skills
- Introduction, purpose and concepts of the Safety Instrumented Systems
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Competency matrix
- Understanding how Useful Life affects SIL and SIF performance
- Understanding the importance of Mission Time
- Performing periodic SIF performance assessments
- Phases of the safety lifecycle overview (IEC 61511 primary focus, with references to IEC 61508)
- SRS maintenance
- Management of Change and mechanical integrity
- Periodic Personnel Assessments
- Course Review
What Participants will get
- Course Manual with class exercises and solutions
- Resources such as whitepapers
- Certificate of Completion
- exida Functional Safety Practitioner (FSP) certificate (upon passing)
Exclusive rates available for early bird and group signups! Contact us for more details!
The FSP Exam (Operations & Maintenance Specialty):
The exida Functional Safety Practitioner (FSP) program is a certificate program that provides confirmation that an attendee shows competency by retaining the knowledge presented in this course. The FSP program also provides an analysis of where the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses lie, helping participants judge their competency level if interested in obtaining a certification like the CFSE or CFSP. The exam will be given at the conclusion of the training course. The candidate must achieve a minimum of 80% on the exam in order to receive their FSP certificate.